Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Four years ago today, our esteemed leader stood on the deck of an aircraft carrier under a large banner reading "Mission Accomplished" and declared that major combat operations in Iraq were over.

Since then, more than 3,000 U.S. troops and tens of thousands of Iraqi soldiers and civilians have been killed.

But major combat operations ended 4 years ago today. Our President said so.

So I guess they weren't killed after all.

Huh.

Oh well. Here's a picture of my brand new nephew. Hopefully, this war in Iraq that was over four years ago will actually be over before he and his brother are old enough to be drafted.


Welcome to the world, young man! I promised your brother when he was born that I'd do my best to keep the world in one piece until he was old enough to take over. I make you the same promise.

No comments: