Saturday, November 26, 2005

BIG Mistake!

After reading (and re-reading) this very funny online comic strip based on the Half-Life 2 FPS game, and then reading more about the game in this wikipedia article, I decided I'd see what all the fuss was about. So I went out and bought the game (BTW: Cost = EXPENSIVE!)

Mistake. Big, big, BIG mistake!

That was one week ago. And I've been playing it ever since. Life = consumed by this game.

I've been playing it almost constantly. I must admit that parts of it can get really frustrating--after being killed by the snipers for the 20th time in a row, I nearly tore out what little hair I have left (those of you not familiar with the game have NO freaking clue what I'm talking about!) And it takes forever to load, save, and re-load. Plus I have the infamous stuttering bug (again, those unfamiliar with the game don't know what I mean--but this comic panel gives some explanation.

At any rate, I'm close to the end of the game at this point, and there better be one damn BIG payoff, considering the fact that I've barely slept, bathed or eaten since I started playing it (although I DID take time off from it for Thanksgiving--a man's gotta keep his priorities straight!)

Of course, as soon as I beat the game, I'll probably start all over again...

No comments: