Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thanks for Nothing.

An open letter to a very inconsiderate person or person(s):

This evening, around 6:10 p.m., as I was leaving my health club after a workout, I stepped wrong on a crack in the parking lot pavement and twisted my ankle. The pain from this, combined with the exhaustion from my workout, caused me to go sprawling onto my hands and knees, and nearly caused me to do a faceplant into the pavement. I scraped my knee badly, along with both hands, and also had the pain of a severely twisted, possibly mildly sprained, ankle to deal with.

This all happened in full view of  someone(s) in a black SUV as it was driving past. Neither the driver of said vehicle and/or any passengers stopped and offered me any help, nor did they even slow down to ask if I required any assistance or needed any first aid. So, as I lay sprawled on the pavement, cursing a blue streak and nursing a sore ankle and bleeding knee, I watched as this vehicle and its occupant(s) drove off without even slowing down.

Now I'm a firm believer in karma. Simply put, I think what goes around, comes around. I've seen far too many examples of this actually happening not to believe it's real.

So, if you happen to be the driver and/or the passenger(s) in a black SUV at around 6:10 p.m. today, June 19th, 2013, and you were driving in the parking lot of Southland shopping center in South Toledo, and you watched a man dressed in red shorts and t-shirt take a heavy fall onto the pavement, and simply drove past without even slowing down, I have a message for you: You suck. Karma is going to get you. Seriously. At the very least, you could have at least stopped and asked if that man was all right. I most likely would have told you I was OK, that my pride was hurt more than anything else, but thanks for asking.

But you didn't even slow down. You probably even laughed a little at my misfortune. In short, you are indicative of everything that's wrong with this country. You are only interested in yourself.

(In)Sincerely,

The person whose misfortune you ignored.

No comments: