Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Want my Stuff Back!

So, this happened.

(Seriously, visit the link or the rest of this post won't make any sense.)

Yes. The bank took nearly all her stuff, sold and/or trashed it, and, when she asked them to be reasonable and give her what seems to me to be a very modest sum for just the actual cost (not the real value) of replacing what she lost, they basically told her to get lost.

This is going to end up costing the bank 20 times (or more) what the woman was originally asking for, and it's a PR nightmare for them. By now, this story is has gone viral. I've told lots of people at work about it. Their reaction was about the same as mine: After picking their collective jaws off the floor, they were in disbelief. They simply couldn't imagine how a bank could, after making a mistake like this, treat the woman with such blatant indifference and disrespect.

The best part is the part about them "trying to come to terms" with the homeowner. Here's a little tip for the bank president: The only way you "come to terms" with this woman is to admit that you made a terrible mistake, pay for her to fully refurnish her house, her garage, her shed, her car, and then maybe buy her a new, fully furnished vacation house in Florida, then pray fervently that she doesn't take you to court and get you in front of a jury and end up owning your bank.

Every day, I see some bank do something outrageous, and I think that nothing can possibly top that. Then I find out I was wrong.

No comments: