Thursday, October 14, 2004

10/14/2004

I watched "Fahrenheit 9/11" tonight. I realize that some people may take issue with the facts and obvious bias of this movie. But no one who actually watches it can ever deny that it is an extremely powerful movie. Few movies can make me cry. This one has at every viewing (3 so far)

But what can I do about it?

It may not be much, but tonight I started a new tradition for myself.

Tonight, and for as many nights as possible in the forseeable future, I will silently give the following prayer to God:

Dear God,

Please extend your hand and give some measure of comfort to Lila Lipscomb and all of the other mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandmothers, grandfathers, grandchildren and all other relatives of the members of the United States Armed Forces who gave their lives in the service of their country. I can never hope to repay the debt I owe them, but maybe I can, through this simple prayer, assure that their sacrifices will never be in vain.


All I can hope is that God will listen. I firmly believe that God exists. He hears all prayers. He just doesn't always give you the answer you want. I just hope this request is simple enough that he will grant it.

No comments: