Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's a Miracle!

Apparently, in the wake of massive flooding, millions upon millions of dollars worth of destruction, and more than 60 deaths (and counting), DUIbya has apparently taken it upon himself to cut short his vacation. Shall miracles never cease?!

At any rate, I'm sure his political handlers are working on how they can best use this opportunity to their advantage, to help pump up his sagging approval ratings.

What? You think I'm hopelessly cynical? I'm sorry, have we met?!

At any rate, I did my part: Today, I made a donation to the American Red Cross. A rather generous donation considering my financial situation, I might add. I encourage the three people reading this to do the same. And tell your friends. You could also arrange to make a blood donation--I'm sure the R.C. is going to need that, too. And yes, I am a regular donor (57 pints and counting!)

You might also want to drop by the USO and give them a few bucks too. We need to make sure our troops don't get forgotten in the wake of Katrina. After all, there may be more than a few of them who have friends and/or family who are suffering in the aftermath of this disaster.

No comments: