Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tales from My Documents, Chapter 4

Document Title: Bush Inaugural Song
Created in My Documents: 7/6/01
Original Author: Unknown
Text of Document:

G.W. Bush's Inaugural Address Song
(to the tune of "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke)
Don't know much about history,
Don't know much foreign policy,
Don't remember how I got through school,
I'm sure I didn't break the rules,
But what's it matter 'cause my granny says!
"Boy, if you want to you can be the prez.
And what a wonderful world this will be."

Don't know much about the women's vote,
Don't know much about the bill I wrote,
Don't know much about the foreign vets,
I've never voted for 'em yet,
But I do know if your dad tries hard,
He can get you in the National Guard,
And what a wonderful place that can be!
Now I never claimed to be an A student,
But what's wrong with C's?
And maybe by knowing the names of my cabinet,
I can win their love for me!
Don't know much about air pollution,
Don't know much about the constitution,
Don't know much about th'economy,
It never much affected me!
But there's one thing that I know for sure,
If the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor,
What a wonderful world this will be!
Don't know much about the national debt,
I've never had to pay one yet,
If we need to we can sell the States,
To the Japanese at discount rates!
But I do know if things get bad,
Dick and I can always call my dad,
And what a wonderful world this will be!

Poster's comments: I got this by e-mail not long after the contested election of 2000. I think it seems especially relevant today...

No comments: