Monday, August 01, 2005

Putting NBC on Notice

Memo to NBC and the Producers of The West Wing:

I have been a loyal watcher of your wonderful series from day one. I have not missed a single episode over the entire six seasons so far. I have never looked forward to an episode of a weekly show as much as I have your show. I watch the episodes currently in syndication every chance I get.

But I am putting you on notice: You CANNOT allow a Republican to inhabit your fictional White House. Regardless of how likeable he may be, As long as real Republicans control all the branches of the real government, it is important that Democrats retain their control of the fictional one.

So, this coming September, if I find out that Republican Arnold Vinick has won the election, I will stop watching your show completely. I will no longer watch syndicated reruns. I will cancel any plans I made to purchase the DVD's.

In other words, you will lose a loyal fan. And, I suspect, I will not be alone in my decision.

Consider yourselves warned!

No comments: