Tuesday, January 18, 2005

You Go Girl!

I think I'm in love with Barbara Boxer.

First of all, she was the only Senator to stand up and demand that congress address the problems faced by many voters in the November election, and she did it when their case was much weaker than it was in 2000, when George Bush lost the first time.

Now, today, she took her gloves off and went 10 rounds with Condi Rice. When I lamented in yesterday's post that Condi's confirmation hearings would be nothing but a giant lovefest, I didn't count on B.B.!

Of course I didn't follow the entire hearing, but I did hear the clips as I was driving home yesterday, when B.B. used Condi's own words, spoken on different occasions, to demonstrate how the reasons she gave for the useless war in Iraq were changed as the war went along, and how now she has a hard time defending it at all.

But let's digress for a minute and go back and look at the reasons for this war, and the White House Justifications for them:

Reason #1: Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction
True or False: False. No weapons have been found, and the search for them has been called off.
Reason #2: Saddam Hussein had the desire to obtain WMD's
True or False: Probably true, but so what? That desire was never realized. I have the desire to obtain a date with the Playmate of the Year. I doubt my desire will be realized, either.
Reason #3: Saddam Hussein helped plan the September 11th attacks.
True or False: FALSE!!! I will keep repeating that as many times as it takes. The 9/11 commission clearly stated there was NO connection between Iraq and 9/11
Reason #4: Saddam Hussein was a cruel dictator who brutally oppressed his people.
True or False: True, but so what? There are dozens, if not hundreds, of tyrants just as bad, if not worse, than Saddam Hussein. Why don't we invade their countries and capture or kill them?

Actually, maybe I shouldn't say things like that. Don't want to give DUHbya any more ideas...

Anyhoo, back to Barbara. Let's just hope she gets re-elected the next time she's up for it. I would vote for her if she was from my state. Take note, all you spineless Democrats. People like Barbara Boxer are the future of your party. People who aren't afraid to show some guts for a change.

No comments: