Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weighing in on Various Subjects

Yeah, I know. I haven’t posted in a while. Have you people forgotten how many times I’ve told you I’m lazy?!

To business:

On George Galloway: This man is my new hero. He basically went up in front of Norm Coleman’s Senate committee without immunity or any other kind of legal protection, and basically ripped them a new asshole. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, just Google the name “George Galloway”. (I should also point out that he did not use notes or any kind of prompting device during the entire almost-four-minute-long tirade.)

This is the kind of politician I wish we had over here. Hey, George? Interested in an American citizenship? You can’t run for president (yet), but you could sure shake things up on the political scene.

On Revenge of the Sith: One word: Awesome.

More? O.K. This movie may single-handedly save the entire SW franchise. It’s the best SW movie since The Empire Strikes Back. (And, just like that movie, the plot is basically summed up in the title.)

It is also patently obvious that this movie deserves its PG-13 rating—it is not for small children. Not unless you want them to see a man being burned to a smoky crisp…

I also appreciate the not-so-subtle jabs at the current U.S. government:

ANAKIN: “If you’re not with me, you’re my enemy!”
OBI-WAN: “Only the Sith deal in absolutes!”

Sound familiar? It should!

On The “Nuclear Option”: The showdown could happen this week. Attention all Democratic Senators: You. Must. Not. Waver. If there was ever a time when you must all stand united, it is now. If you don’t, then you deserve to be called “losers”!’

Also, big props to moveon.org for the very clever commercial they created and have been running on CNN all weekend. Go to www.moveon.org to see it.

And memo to Republicans: You DO NOT want to do this. You won’t be in charge forever. Remember that!

On Howard Dean: As I sit here on this Sunday morning watching him on Meet the Press, I wonder how the Democrats ever decided John Kerry was a better choice than Dean for their Presidential candidate.

On the pictures of Saddam: One word: STOOOPID!!!

I’m not sure who was behind the idea of splashing Saddam in his skivvies all over the media, but it was not the best of plans.

Don’t get me wrong—I don’t like Saddam, and I’m in favor of anything that makes him look silly. But now is NOT the time to do something that makes us look even worse than we already do. Most of the rest of the world already hates us. We should not be doing anything that fans the flames of that hatred. That’s just simple common sense!

Sadly, common sense isn’t.

Wait for it. You’ll get it.

There you go!

No comments: