Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Tale of Two Caps

I would like to tell the three readers of this blog about two caps.

Both of them are red.

Both of them are sports-related.

Both of them have the logo of the Detroit Red Wings.

One is much fancier than the other.

I know. You're asking, "Why the hell are you telling me about a couple of caps?!"

Well, the reason is that I used to wear one of these caps almost every day. The simpler cap I wore during the Red Wings' regular season. The fancy one I wore during their playoff games.

But I hung both caps up on pegs in the wall when the NHL went on strike. Neither cap has been worn since. For a while, I feared neither cap would ever be worn again.

Now, howwever, it would appear that the NHL labor dispute has been settled. The NHL may once again resume play.

But both caps will remain hanging on the wall until the first time a skate worn by a Detroit Red Wing touches the ice (A pre-season exhibition game will be fine.)

Hopefully, that won't be too long from today!

No comments: