Sunday, July 10, 2005

Weighing In, Volume 4

Usually I only post one of my "Weighing In" entries when I've been too lazy to post in a week or more, but I have a lot of ground to cover, so lets get started with:

On London:

Congrats to you Brits for landing the 2012 Olympics. Let's hope we're all still around to see them. But...

On London, Part 2:

From a state of Euphoria to a state of despair in less than 24 hours. That may go on record as the biggest and fastest mood swing in history.

To you, the perpetrators of these attacks, I say this: YOU BASTARDS! YOU DESPICABLE, INHUMAN, BASTARDS!!! MAY YOU ROT IN HELL!!!

(I may have mentioned before that I don't sugarcoat!)

Seriously. These people have a special room in hell waiting for them.

Meanwhile, our worthless president will probably use this incident as an excuse to invade Iran...

On the SCOTUS vacancy:


Jeebus, I never thought I'd see the day when I would be rooting for Alberto "torture memo" Gonzales. Lord knows, the wright wingnuts are sure screaming about him.

I can't help but wonder if the whole thing might be a carefully crafted plot to put an arch-conservative on the Big Bench...

On the Ohio Coin-Fund Scandal (TSTKOG):

Recently, The (Toledo) Blade had an article that stated that Tom Noe used his influence to have access to the Governor and even the White House.

Gee, y'think?! Are they now going to tell us the sky is blue, the ocean is deep, and the sun is hot?

On the Space Shuttle:

On Wednesday, the Shuttle Discovery takes off for a new mission, the first shuttle Mission since the Columbia disaster more than two years ago. As far as I can determine, this mission is to test whether or not they'll be able to fix it if something goes wrong. This seems to me to be a lot like flying a fighter jet into a mountain just to see if the ejector seat works...

Of course, the real problem is that we're dealing with technology that was developed while I was still in elementary school, fer crissake! Maybe they should work on designing something new. Seriously. A lot of the Shuttle's technology was designed by people who are probably retired by now. Maybe it's time to bring in some new blood.

I'm just sayin'!

On Jamie Farr:

Toledo's favorite native son. Every year he comes back here to M.C. the Jamie farr LPGA classic.

But it's more than that. Recently, the father of an acquaintance of mine died. The viewing was last Thursday. And, since Jamie had gone to the same high school as this man, he stopped by to say hello and pay his respects.

The man is a class act.


Well kids, that's all for now.

No comments: