Monday, December 26, 2005

They Said it Better Than I Could, cont.

The Tampa Tribune takes on Bill O'Reilly's fictitious war on Christmas:

Putting aside the idea that all "Happy Holidays" represents is a variation on the phrase "Happy Holy Days," which certainly seems appropriately theological, the "Christmas" kerfuffle looms as an insane chattering class issue for a more important reason.

Really now, if one's appreciation for the birth of Jesus Christ is somehow reaffirmed because one can find a "Merry Christmas" sign in Wal-Mart while one is buying an iPod, it probably doesn't say much about the depth of one's faith, does it?

Rather, isn't the true spirit of Christmas really to be found under your roof, or by the tree, or around the dinner table, or in your heart surrounded by your family, your friends?


Amen.

Read the full article here.

As for me, I survived another Christmas, although my I'm surprised my credit card didn't spontaneously combust.

I also broke my right big toe two days before Christmas, and it hurts like hell.

So everyone have a safe and happy new year. Expect a "year in review" post sometime in the next few days.

Peace out!

No comments: