Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Got my Vote!

It's been a few weeks now since the Supreme Court officially announced it's decision that corporations could buy as many elections as they want to (In case you didn't notice, I don't sugarcoat things. I call them as I see them).

And now, one corporation has decided to follow that decision to its logical conclusion.



The saddest part? You only THINK it's a joke. Trust me when I say it's not.

What really grinds my gears the most is the blowhards who claim that the decision also means unions are free to support candidates of their choice. The fallacy in that argument is that unions and other people-powered movements don't have a fraction of the spending power that corporations can bring to bear.

Government of the Corporation, by the Corporation, for the Corporation.

And Chief Justice Roberts has the gall to criticize the President for chastising the supreme court's decision during the SOTU. With all undue respect, Mr. Chief Justice, screw you. I hope you somehow catch a painful, crippling, venereal disease. Of course, since you've probably never been laid in your life, that's not likely to happen.

I told you I don't sugarcoat.

No comments: