Friday, September 30, 2005

The Hopeless Optimist

Yeah, I know I haven't posted in almost two weeks. Shut up already, willya?!

Anyhoo, tonight, as I was driving home, I saw a car with this bumper sticker on it:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then mankind will know peace"

(Great sentiment, isn't it?)

There were various other bumber stickers expressing similar sentiments on this car. Ah, the hopeless optimist. I should also point out that this car was flying a Cleveland Browns window flag.

Ah, the hopeless optimist. Ya gotta love 'em.

I suppose it's entirely possible that someday love and decency will overcome basic human nature. I suppose it's also possible that a pig can be taught to say the rosary and then be taken bodily into heaven. I'm not holding my breath that either one will happen.

Meanwhile, I will continue to expect the worst from people. I find that I am rarely disappointed that way.

No comments: