Wednesday, June 02, 2010

We Love You Ah-Nuld!

Ever since Arnold Schwarzenegger became the Republican Governor of California, I've refused to watch a single one of his movies. Fortunately, this really hasn't been much of a sacrifice since most of his movies sucked dirty ass water.

But recently, he said something that may just redeem him in my eyes:

"I was also going to give a commencement speech in Arizona. But with my accent, I was worried that they would try to deport me back to Austria. So I canceled that idea right away."

Oh mercy, that's funny.

I must admit I'm of a mixed mind about this legislation recently passed in Arizona. On the one hand, I'm definitely opposed to illegal immigration. But on the other hand, I'm opposed to legislation being passed that allows--in fact forces--the police to accost any citizen with brown skin walking down the street and demand that they produce proof of citizenship. It's the first step on a dangerously slippery slope.

Think about it for a minute. Do YOU carry around proof of your citizenship? I don't. The closest thing is my driver's license. Which may not be enough. Someday.

No comments: