Friday, February 04, 2005

Adventures with Google Adsense

I'm still pretty new to this whole blogging thing. For instance, I still haven't figured out how to post links so you can just click them and go right to the story--you still have to copy and paste.

So I considered it a small miracle when I was able to add the www.thereisnocrisis.com button to my blog (there, to the right! Click it! These people are doing some good!)

Anyhoo, I figured since I did a such a good job at that, I figured I'd ad the ubiquitous "Ads by Google" to my blog. I'm not above making a buck or two.

At any rate, there were a few fits and starts. For instance, my first attempt moved all my links (archives, link buttons, etc.) way down the blog. My second attempt put a single small adbox at the bottom of each post. Not much way anyone's going to see those, let alone click them.

Hopefully now I've got it set right, and the adds should appear in a "skyscraper" format to the right.

It may take some time for the good folks at Google to re-format everything, so bear with me. And if it's still not right tomorrow, I may give up the whole thing. After all, I don't expect I'll make much, if anything. But at least the ads will appear in Scarlet and Gray, the colors of my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes!

And hey, if you're reading this, take a second and click an ad or two. I'd do it for you!

No comments: