Sunday, February 13, 2005

I'm Terrified

I happened to catch part of NBC's Meet The Press on Sunday morning. In the second segment, they had a "debate" between Pat Buchanan and Nathan Sharansky, a former Soviet dissident and political prisoner, and a current strong advocate of democracy. Buchanan, of course is a former moron and a current idiot. His political leanings are somewhat to the right of Joseph Stalin. Ordinarily, if I saw his face on my TV screen, I'd change the channel in a hurry. But my options were pretty limited. It was, after all, 11:30 a.m. on a Sunday, and the other channels were pretty much all infomercials, all the time. So I watched it.

But here's the part that terrifies me.

At one point, Buchanan said the following (and this is taken directly from the transcript from MSNBC.com):

"...There are 22 Arab states, not one of which is democratic, and the United States has not been threatened by any of them since the Barbary pirates.

In my judgment, what happened on 9/11 was a result of interventionism. Interventionism is the cause of terror. It is not a cure for terror. (italics are mine) The idea that the president of the United States, as he said in his inaugural, is going to help democratic institutions in every region in every nation on earth is a formula for permanent war, Tim. And look, the president of the United States has no constitutional authority to do this. Where in the Constitution do we get the right to intervene in the internal affairs of countries that do not threaten us and do not attack us? If they don't, their internal politics are their own business."


HOLY F@&#ING S@#T! I AGREE WITH SOMETHING PAT BUCHANAN SAID!!!

Now do you see why I'm terrified?!

I may have to seriously re-think my views if Pat Buchanan and I are in agreement on anything.

Seriously. Pat Buchanan said something intelligent. And makes sense. And that I totally agree with.

I think Armageddon is upon us!


P.S. The full transcript is at the link below:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6954712/

No comments: