Friday, June 17, 2005

Beating a Dead Horse

Today, I take the rare step of posting twice in the same day. Ordinarily, I'm lucky if I can make it to posting once a week, but when I saw the news today, I had to make the extra effort.

Because, y'see, it seems that our good buddy Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida, has taken it upon himself to ask a Florida prosecutor to investigate the cause of Terri Schiavo's collapse 15 years, ago, the collapse that caused her brain to be deprived of oxygen long enough to kill it.

All I can say is this:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. I had to get that out of my system.

Anyway, what this all boils down to is this: Jeb Bush, who has realized that the autopsy reports released two days ago made him look silly for supporting Terri's parents' cause for so long, has decided to grasp at any straw he can find in order to save some face. Of course, it also means that he is trying to shore up the support of his party's base for a presidential run in '08.

I hope this whole foolish idea blows up in his face.

Also, Senator Bill Frist continues to claim that he never said he didn't believe Terri Schiavo was in a persistent vegetative state. But he did! Just check the update to my post from yesterday and you'll see that he's lying!

Or, alternatively, you can just go here.

I hope Bill Frist does decide to run for president. We can use this to beat him over the head with at every possible opportunity!

No comments: