Saturday, June 18, 2005

Ugh!

Somebody get me some aspirin, some visine, and some laundry detergent--not necessarily in that order.

Last night, as part a Father's Day present to my dad, I went with him, my sister, and my brother-in-law, to Mickey Finn's Pub here in T-town. It was a special night of entertainment featuring The Clumsy Lovers and J.T. and the Clouds (sorry, couldn't find their website!)

I think I'm in love with Andrea Lewis, The Clumsy Lover's violin player, by the way. And that picture just doesn't do her justice. She makes me wish I hadn't stopped playing the violin years ago!

At any rate, I drank too much, stayed out until two in the morning, and ended up being saturated by cigarette smoke. I swear it's still coming out of my pores.

An Aside: Toledo has strict regulations that require separation of smoking and non-smoking sections of all bars and restaurants. Yeah, right. Having a smoking section in a bar is like having a peeing section in a pool. And let's just say that those regulations aren't enforced all that heavily...

All-in-all, though, it was a fun night. My dad enjoyed himself, which was the whole point of the excercise in the first place. And I was able to resist the temptation to get up and dance like an idiot. I wish I could say the same for just about everyone else in the bar...including my dad (sigh.)

It's true. White people can't dance!

No comments: