Tuesday, July 27, 2004

7/27/04

Sooo...The Democratic convention is going on.

Ordinarily, I would skip it. I may watch tonight, though. You see, tonight is the Keynote Speaker. His name is Barack Obama.

I saw an interview with him on Meet the Press last Sunday. He is a apparently intelligent, well-spoken, reasonably good looking, young, and he is a rising star within the party. Some people have said he is just "in the right place at the right time". But consider this:

12 years ago, another intelligent, well-spoken, reasonably good-looking young man, who was a rising star in his party, was also "in the right place at the right time". Any guesses as to who I might be talking about?

Look for great things from this guy (Obama, not Clinton!) a few years down the road. Assuming he doesn't screw up somehow. Meanwhile, I plan to watch his speech tonight.

No comments: