Saturday, July 31, 2004

7/31/04

So, here we are, the last day of July. Summer is almost over and I can't help but think that I missed it somehow.

Also, I got screwed at work yesterday.

It all stemmed from an incident that happened last Wednesday. I won't bore you with the details here, but suffice it to say that I lost my temper (I have a notoriously short fuse). Anyhoo, I discussed the matter with my union steward and I had thought the matter closed. When nothing more was said, I figured no harm, no foul. Case closed.

Hang on.

So yesterday, I get called into my supervisor's office and handed a write-up. I was livid. Fortunately, I remained calm, but inside I was seething with rage. I should point out that they did this at 4:20 on a Friday afternoon, when half the office was gone, including our chief union steward.

Rest assured that I'm going to nail them to the wall on this one. And I have a strong union to fight beside me.

I've heard of places where union and management have a good working relationship, and where they don't screw people like this.

Believe me, my office is NOT one of them!

What really pisses me off was the smug looks I kept getting from my stuporvisors. I plan to wipe those looks right off their faces.

With sandpaper if necessary.

No comments: