Wednesday, July 28, 2004

7/28/04

$#%^%!

&^%*%%#!

I hate the networks.

As I've mentioned before, I don't have cable TV. Yes, I'm the one.

So anyway, in my blog entry yesterday, I mentioned that I wanted to watch the speech by Barack Obama, the keynote speaker. I've stated how I see great things in his future. The guy impresses me, and I don't say that about too many politicians.

So last night around eight, I turned on my TV.
ABC--regular programming
CBS--regular programming
NBC--regular programming
FOX--need I even say it?

Same situation at nine.
Same situation at ten.

At this point, I'm thinking "WTF!"

Not one regular network had ANY coverage of the convention. Not last night, when Obama, Kerry's wife, and a very smart-sounding 12 year old girl all spoke. And apparently, they'll only show one-hour of coverage tonight. Just enough to nominate Edwards and show his speech.

Does anyone else think too much power is concentrated in the hands of too few people?

Seriously. It's summer. All the regular shows are on hiatus. What else is there that's worth watching? Not much, according to what I saw last night.


BTW, most of my rants this week will probably be political. Be warned. It IS a convention week.

No comments: