Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide

Finally! They made a movie version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

I can't wait to see it!

But, of course, I'm worried. As I said in an earlier post, I hate when Hollyweird takes a very good book and turns it into a crapfest of a movie, usually because about the only resemblance between the book and the movie is the title.

And from what I've seen in the internet trailers, there may be a lot about the movie version of T.H.G. that has nothing to do with the book (for instance, who the heck is that guy with only half a body and a bunch of little mechanical legs?!)

I am a big fan of all the H.G. books. I must have read all four books in the "trilogy" at least a dozen times. They're just plain hilarious!

An aside: I know, I know. There was a fifth book that came out a few years ago, but I didn't like it.

At any rate, I plan to go see this new movie. But I will be VERY disappointed if it deviates too far from the book.

I realize that it's often very hard to cram a 500+ page book into a two-hour movie, but, geez, at least try to make it as close as you can. That's all I ask.

No comments: