Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Sahara

The movie Sahara opens in theaters on Friday. It's based on a book by Clive Cussler. I plan to go see it. But I'm worried.

Let me explain. I am a big fan of Clive Cussler. I've read all of his fiction works, and a couple of his non-fiction works. I was sad when he announced he was giving up writing. And while I have to admit that his ideas sometimes got a little far-fetched, they were nevertheless entertaining.

But recently, I heard that Cussler had sued the producers of the movie, after they apparently changed the movie script without his approval.

Apparently the lawsuit didn't stop the movie, since it's coming out in two days. But I'm worried that it will deviate too far from the book. And I will know if it does, since I just finished re-reading it two weeks ago (I re-read it to refresh my memory since the movie comes out soon.) I just hope that they haven't changed it so much it no longer bears any resemblance to the book. And if you don't believe it can happen, just go read Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger then go see the movie of the same name.

Or The Bourne Identity.
Or The Bourne Supremacy.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: