Saturday, April 02, 2005

My Final Word on the Schiavo Case

How sad. Two days after she died, and her case is already below the fold of my local newspaper.

I would guess that a year from now, no one will remember the name "Terri Schiavo".

And I would hope that that is the way the family would prefer it to be.

But I know better.

I know that the Republicans will be working her legacy for every last vote they can get from it, and every last dollar they can raise from the knee-jerk Republican pro-lifers.

I have a simple message for all of you aforementioned pro-lifers:

Wake the fuck up! The Republicans are using you! They don't give a shit about your cause--they're just milking it to keep your vote!

I guarantee that four years from now (or longer), abortion in some form will still be legal. It's the only way Republicans can hang on to the vote of people like you! If you REALLY want to reduce abortions in this country then start encouraging intelligent and quality education for everyone. Education is the best way to decrease poverty and ignorance, which are some of the root causes of unplanned pregnancy.

And STOP supporting Republicans! They are not on your side! They just pretend to be!

No comments: