Monday, October 03, 2005

Screaming at the News

Every so often, I hear or see something on the news that is so outrageous I end up shouting at my TV or radio.

Like yesterday, for example. I was watching one of the Sunday news shows (I think it was This Week--I'm not sure; they tend to blend together) and they featured and interview with some four-star general. He was lamenting the fact that the news only seemed to cover the negative aspects of the Iraq fiasco, while ignoring all the positive things happening in that country (all 2 of them).

At any rate, one of the things he crowed about was how the Sunnis are becoming more involved in the political process in Iraq.

Six words: This. Is. Not. A. Good. Thing.

The only reason the Sunnis have become more involved in the political process is that they hope to defeat the proposed constitution, which, if approved, will apparently deprive them of what few rights they have left.

I may have screamed something to that effect at the TV yesterday. However, since screaming at my TV has about as much effect as a fart in a tornado, I decided I'd scream it again on this blog and hope that one of the three people reading this will tell someone else about it. And then that person will tell someone else, and so on and so on.

Hey, a man can dream.

No comments: