Tuesday, August 10, 2004

8/10/04

Ok, so I know I haven't posted for a week. Gimme a break, willya?

Anyway, where to start:

Alan Keyes OF MARYLAND has decided he will run against Barack Obama for the Illinois Senate seat that is open.

In 2000, he was asked to run for Senate in New York against Hilary. The exact quote of what he said in response is this:

"I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness to go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent people there. So I certainly wouldn't imitate it." (italics mine)

Hmm. Seems like the message he's putting out there is "Do as I say, not as I do".

Not that he has a chance anyway. He's an outsider, who only has three months to campaign, and he's running against a favorite son of Chicago, and one who was the Keynote speaker at the Democratic convention.

I like Obama. I mean, sure, he seems to have come along at the perfect time, right when his opponents are self-destructing politically. But I've seen him talk. He is intelligent, articulate, charismatic, and reasonably good-looking (except for those ears--good God, man! Use glue if you have to!)

I'm sure he has more in his future than just a senate seat. Too bad his name sounds so much like a certain other person...

Maybe he can change it!

No comments: