Sunday, August 22, 2004

8/22/04

So. What to write about today?

Went to the Tigers game last night. My sister's law firm buys season box seats (GREAT seats!) and doles them out to the lawyers, clients, friends, etc. on a by-game basis. Since my dad won't be in town for his birthday, we decided we'd celebrate a couple of weeks early

(I can't believe my dad's going to be 74. Fuck, I'm old!)

Anyhoo, it was a perfect night for baseball. Not a cloud in the sky, cool but not TOO cool, light breeze blowing, huge, raucous crowd, and they actually WON!

Granted, it took 11 innings, there were about 30 hits total, the Detroit starting pitcher left with an "injury" (yeah, right!) after less than 1 1/2 innings and after giving up two runs on five hits, they were playing one of the worst teams in the league (Seattle), and they pretty much played their entire bullpen, but they still won! Of course, then they proceeded to lose today. Such is life.

My cousin Shawn and his family were there, with their new baby (I've posted his picture earlier--check the archives). And everyone had a great time. And, since we spent the night at the Detroit Athletic Club, I had about six 32 oz. beers.

My hangover STILL hasn't gone away!

All in all, though, a GREAT night!

No comments: