Thursday, August 12, 2004

8/12/04

So, what to write about today...

What to do about politics?

No, strike that. Enough about politics. Maybe next time

Let's talk about me.

You may recall I got in trouble at work a few weeks ago. I filed a grievance against management for writing me up. The grievance was denied, of course. It's now working it's way through the process.

So, anyway, Yesterday one of the senior mis-managers comes up to me yesterday and tells me not to come in tomorrow without a tie.

Let me explain. I hate ties. I always feel like I'm being strangled. So when I was moved to a job where I didn't deal with the public on a regular basis, I stopped wearing one. My department head let it slide. For more than three years. Said senior assmanager saw me many times without it. Nobody said ANYTHING about it.

Fine. So I file a grievance because I believe I was unfairly disciplined. Said senior Manageasswipe suddenly gets his glasses checked and discovers I don't have a tie.

So I wore one today. I'll wear the same tie again on Tuesday (no ties required on Mondays and Fridays). And Wednesday. And Thursday. And every day I have to wear one until the tie is little more than a string. Why should I waste my good ties on this fucking place?

If said senior asshole doesn't like hit, he can do what Dick Cheney told Pat Leahy to do.

See, I managed to sneak politics in after all!

I'm also going to get a Kerry/Edwards button and wear it prominently.

Let them tell me to take it off. I will insist on the order in writing. Then I will give that order to the local media. My boss is running for Congress. That'll go over big.

Then I'll start updating my resume.

No comments: